AccountAbility-Plus is an established consultancy offering operational and back office support services to a range of businesses in the East and South East of England, London and throughout the UK. Our experienced and professional Operational and Back Office Support staff will work with you as part of your own team to improve your efficiency and increase your profits without increasing onsite personnel. Many businesses look for a Virtual PA or Virtual Assistant but we, at Accountability-Plus are so much more than that.
What can we do for you?
Do you feel overwhelmed by the number of extra tasks you have to undertake when running a business?
How much time do you spend each week, often outside working hours, in an attempt to keep up with all the paperwork when you really want to be growing your business?
What does it cost you for part-time office assistance – office space with all that entails, not just salaries?
How much could you save in time, worry and money, if you knew you had a fully operational support team ready to work for you, whenever it was needed?
The answer is simple.
AccountAbility-Plus can help. Using Accountability-Plus will give you the peace of mind that you now have access to a whole team of professional experienced operational, finance and administrative staff for, potentially, the cost of a part-time employee.
Every aspect of office support can be carried out here in our offices which border Suffolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire leaving you, wherever you are based, to concentrate on growing your business. Your ideas and your unrelenting drive to get your product or service to market, equally matched with our enthusiasm for running essential operational and back office tasks will keep you on track. Our clients are scattered throughout the UK and many have found having a remotely-located department extremely beneficial for confidential aspects of their businesses, such as HR and Payroll or Finance.
AccountAbility-Plus does it all
Sales & marketing
Whether you need a telemarketing or direct sales and marketing development service, our professional sales and marketing team are here to help. Let us know about your product or service and your marketing plan and together we will build a campaign to make your business more successful in the future.
Our range of services include:
- Identifying the optimum target audience to market your product or service successfully
- Researching competition
- Advising on how to make your product or service unique in the marketplace
- Utilising existing CRM system or implementation of a new system to maintain accurate sales opportunities
- Taking your product or service to market
- Effective Digital market presence
- Designing sales and marketing material
- Website design
Invoicing and credit control
Invoicing accurately and on time is an essential element to successful credit control.
Missed errors on invoices or delays in issuing invoices can give your customers excuses for late payment. An accurate invoice sent immediately and to the right person, puts you in a better position for credit control.
- Credit check new customers
- Assist in setting up new customer accounts
- Ensure clear business terms are noted on every invoice
- Generate statements and send to your customers, as if they were being sent from your own office
- Be consistent with credit control, adopting the ‘firm but fair’ approach
- Instigate, and follow through, recovery proceedings against non-payers
- Factoring invoice advice and whether it can provide cash flow solutions for your business based on our extensive experience in this particular financial area
We discuss your requirements and, together, devise a strategy to suit your business needs.
PA, admin & telephone support
No matter the size of a business, good secretarial assistance can make a real difference. By using our PA and secretarial support you can be confident that you will have a first class service, enabling you to concentrate on what you do best, rather than losing valuable time dealing with administrative tasks. You need support, but not full time, and yes, you could spend more time and effort finding the right person but, having found the right person they can only give you support when they are in the office which is not always when you need it. That important quotation for a new client doesn’t have quite the same impact if it is delivered days late because your part-time secretary finished her working week 5 minutes before you closed the deal.
As with all our services, our PA, Admin and secretarial support is completely confidential. We take the time to learn about your business, what it does and how it works so that we can work with you, not for you.
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Deal with telephone/email customer orders
- Type general office correspondence and emails
- Quotation typing
- Organise diaries and itineraries
- Answer your phones when you are not there
Business start ups
Deciding to run your own business is both exciting and a little daunting. A robust business plan is not enough on its own. Our support for start-up businesses can be as comprehensive as you wish it to be, giving your business the benefit of our team of skilled professionals from the very beginning, or even before. We remember what it was like to have that great new business idea and want to change the world and we have done that here at AccountAbility-Plus allowing our own business to flourish. Some new businesses think that a Virtual Assistant will be enough, but our outsourced services are the ideal solution.
Initially, we can help by:
- Undertake your company formation at Companies House becoming your registered office if you wish
- Register your company with HMRC for Corporation Tax
- Complete and submit your VAT application
- Sett up your PAYE scheme
- Prepare contracts of employment
- Assist in setting up and implementing company policies, processes, and procedures
Operationally, we can:
- Raise your invoices and take the pressure of getting those invoices paid by proactive credit control
- Process supplier invoices, paying them in a timely manner
- Prepare your payroll
- Prepare management reports, discussing results with you to maximise the effectiveness of your business plan
- Undertake general administration and secretarial support
- Ensure your business is compliant, submitting VAT returns, annual Companies House returns, maintaining accreditations and regulatory renewals
- Answer your phone as your business when you aren’t there
We are here to advise and guide you so that your business dream reaches its full potential. We want to ensure all your hard work and efforts are maximised and, with our processes and support in place, we work with you to become part of your team.
The AccountAbility-Plus team responds to the ever-changing business needs of our clients in a flexible and timely manner. Whether you have a shortage of skills or personnel, we can help you to become more adaptable without carrying the operational costs associated with full-time employees.
By managing day-to-day activities, we can:
- Perform, organise, and streamline operational tasks to reduce the potential for errors.
- Provide technical assistance to your customers and staff.
- Monitor for problems, taking immediate action where possible and escalating when required.
- Interact with your customers and suppliers, to resolve problems.
We stay up to date with regulatory practices to ensure your business gains access to the latest knowledge and is future-proofed to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
A good finance department, with specific procedures and working practices, bespoke to your particular business needs, is not something to aspire to “when the business is big enough”. Even a small business needs the financial controls which only a finance department can provide. A part-time book-keeper, coming in once or twice a week to “keep the books up to date” cannot deliver everything your business needs to keep ahead. A finance department doesn’t have to be an aspiration. If it is efficient and well-managed it will pay for itself.
We can take the burden of regular accounting off your shoulders with our personalised bookkeeping service. Our aim is to get to know your business intimately so you can understand it better and focus on what really counts – growing the business.
Whether you are a big, medium or small business or a start-up, we can tailor our services to suit your requirements.
By outsourcing your finance department you will receive:
- A dedicated telephone number for your finance department, which your customers and suppliers can use to ensure that their queries or concerns can be dealt with speedily
- Management of your sales ledger, to assist with credit control
- The processing and payment of supplier invoices
- Day-to-day book-keeping to record financial transactions, either using our own software and updating you with the information and reports you require or by remotely connecting to your software, leaving your system up to date in real time
- Calculation and online submission of your VAT return to HMRC
- Production of management accounts, monthly or quarterly, which allow you to track your business’ progress throughout the year
- Preparation of draft accounts and supporting documentation for your own Accountants, liaising with them on your behalf
We discuss your business needs with you and devise a package to suit you. Every business is different, with differing needs, and our fees reflect this.
Human resources & payroll
Employing people can be a minefield – so much employment legislation to comply with and big penalties if situations spiral out of control. Over the years, HR and payroll functions have evolved and integrated, ensuring greater efficiency in managing and processing the relevant data. The introduction of salary sacrifice and other flexible benefit schemes, and the impact of HMRC’s move to RTI (Real Time Information) reporting has necessitated a more structured and time-sensitive approach to HR matters which affect payroll processing. Whilst larger companies may employ separate HR and payroll teams, trained in specific areas of people management, many other businesses, whether small, medium or large, choose to outsource the HR and payroll functions as it is the most cost-effective solution.
Here, at AccountAbility-Plus, we can provide you with guidance and support to help you manage your employee life-cycle from start to finish.
Our HR support includes:
- Managing the recruitment process, from drafting job descriptions, support at interviews, preparing offer letters and employment contracts
- Guidance on probation, appraisal and performance management processes
- Providing a range of bespoke employee documents, policies and procedures, forms, letters and staff handbooks
- Providing advice on maternity, adoption and paternity cases and sickness management.
- Guidance on general staffing issues and specific disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Managing the end of the employment relationship
AccountAbility-Plus’s Payroll team understands that in-house payroll processing can be time consuming, expensive and stressful. Employing a dedicated member of staff is an extra expense that small and medium sized businesses can really do without but the alternative is to utilise unskilled staff who are not trained to stay abreast of ever changing and complex payroll legislation and don’t have the time to do so.
Outsourcing to a dedicated payroll service is cost effective and lifts a huge burden from you, allowing you to concentrate your efforts on the more important corporate aspects of growth and development
We, at AccountAbility-Plus, can assist you with managing your payroll. Our Payroll Services include:
- Collating and processing your data, calculating gross pay, including hourly paid or salaried staff, over time and holiday pay
- Managing sickness and absence and calculating statutory entitlements, including SSP and SMP
- Managing flexible benefit schemes, handling collection agencies’ and other deductions, employee loans
- Providing payslips and management reports, and processing leavers
- Submitting in-year and end-of-year RTI submissions online to HMRC, providing P45s, P60s and P11Ds
We pride ourselves on our ability to meet our clients’ needs, as and when they need it.
How much does it cost you to remain compliant and legal?
Compliance for VAT, PAYE and health and safety are just a few aspects of compliance that can seriously impact your business.
We can help by
- Identifying the risks that your business faces and advising on them
- Designing and implementing controls to protect your business from those risks
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of those controls
- Resolving compliance issues as they arise
- Advising you on the rules and controls
- Preparing policies after carrying out risk assessment and keeping them up to date and reflecting any changes in your business circumstances.
Contact us for more information about AccountAbility-Plus
If you would like to find out more about our services or team, please get in touch.